The mission of the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center is the conservation and preservation of all species of marine turtles, both in the water and on the beach. A staple of the sea turtle world, partner to aquariums across the country, and premier destination for beach goers, no one does hands on experiential conservation education like their team.
- Near and dear to our hearts, we wanted to find a way to help educate the public about sea turtle conservation. Given the volume of young visitors and education programs we decided to utilize our reusable, cleanable wall decals.
- Because of the tactile nature of moving decals around on a wall, whether in a scene, as a game, or a learning activity, user engagement skyrockets over traditional static displays.
- We utilized a variety of different decal applications to generate interest for a wide-ranging audience, no matter the age such as sea creature tic-tac-toe, a sea turtle lifecycle game, photo-realistic life-sized turtle carapaces, and turtle skeleton puzzles.
- As a user interacts with the decals, say assembling a turtle skeleton, they are more likely to comprehend and retain the information learned during the experience. However, they are less likely to feel as if they are being taught, but rather participating in an enjoyable activity.
- These simple, tactile experiences are cost effective and only require a small footprint to be effective. As guests move through a waiting line to visit resident turtle rehabilitation patients, they can be informed and educated about their upcoming turtle interaction, as well as, be entertained and distracted from standing in line for their turn.
- We offered these same decals and more for sale in the gift shop to help monetize the experience and increase revenue.